Please Review: New Income Tax Drop-off Service – during COVID-19, as follows:
We can complete and file Income Tax Returns for individuals and couples with simple tax returns and a modest income (as outlined below under Eligibility Criteria). For 2022, there are two ways that we can handle your Income Tax Return, either by telephone or dropping off your paperwork. Please read and select which method will work best for you.
How does it work?
Drop Off Income Tax Returns
- Print the 2021 Income Tax Authorization Forms (3 pages).
- Blank forms can be picked up in the box outside our front door during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday).
- Complete and Sign all 3 pages of the Authorization Forms
(for each person who is getting their taxes done)
- Attach all Income and Expense Forms/Receipts to the Authorization Forms
(for each person who is getting their taxes done).
- Mail all information/signed forms in a sealed envelope to Income Tax Services at 1770 Langlois Ave Windsor ON N8X 4M5, or Drop-off all information/signed forms in a sealed envelope in our FSWE mailbox (locked silver Mailbox by the front doors).
- FSWE will review to ensure packages are complete and signed
(taxes will NOT be completed unless all paperwork is attached and signed).
- Clients will get a Notice of Assessment directly from the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Due to COVID-19, this year all documents will be returned to you by mail when your Income Tax Return has been completed.
- It is your responsibility to save your documents as required by the Canada Revenue Agency.
Telephone Income Tax Returns
- Have all tax documents ready.
- Call FSWE at 1-888-933-1831 (x1234) or 519-966-5010 (x1234), and ask for the Income Tax Program.
- Provide your name and phone number to the staff member in the Income Tax Program.
- A Tax Volunteer will call you from a Private Number within 48 hours, please pick up the phone from the private number.
- On that call, the volunteer will take all of your information over the phone to complete your income tax return.
- You will be given a confirmation number when your taxes have been filed.
- You will get a Notice of Assessment directly from the Canada Revenue Agency.
- It is your responsibility to get a Notice of Assessment directly from the Canada Revenue Agency.
Our Tax Completion Service
- Our service is available year-round by appointment or dropping off the information
- We will prepare and electronically file the tax return
- The Notice of Assessment will be sent by the Canada Revenue Agency directly to the applicant
- During COVID-19, all original forms and paperwork will be mailed back upon completion. It is your responsibility to save your documents as required by Canada Revenue Agency
Our Income Tax Completion Service uses:
- Canada Revenue Agency trained and approved volunteers
- Canada Revenue Agency income tax return software
- Computerized electronic returns
Government of Canada – Telephone Information Numbers
|Individual Tax Enquiries – CRA (Canada Revenue Agency)||1-800-959-8281|
|Tax Information Phone Service (TIPS) (automated line)||1-800-267-6999|
|Social Insurance Number Information||1-866-274-6627|
|Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security and Guaranteed Income Supplement||1-800-277-9914|
|Canada Child Benefit||1-800-387-1193|
You may be eligible for help at a free tax clinic if you have a modest income and a simple tax situation.
In general, you have a modest income if based on your family size, your total family income is less than the amount shown in the chart below.
Chart: Suggested Income Levels
|Family size||Total family income|
|more than 5 persons||$52,500 plus $2,500 for each additional person|
Simple tax situation
In general, your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from these sources:
- benefits such as Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security, disability, employment insurance, social assistance
- registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs)
- support payments
- scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- interest (under $1,000)
Your tax situation is not simple if you:
- are self-employed or have employment expenses
- have business or rental income and expenses
- have capital gains or losses
- filed for bankruptcy
- are completing a tax return for a deceased person
Please contact us to find out more about qualifications.
Referrals: No referral required for this service.
How Support Services Work
Our Professional Support Staff will
- Talk privately with people about concerns
- Decide what issues to work on together
- Provide advice, advocacy and professional support to manage concerns
- Connect people with other community agencies, as needed
- Help deal with any new issues that may arise
- Help people cope with changes in life
Our Professional Support Staff
- Can support people as they work on a wide range of concerns
- Focus on growth, development and independence
- Facilitate overall well-being and resilience
- Have a broad range of clinical expertise and real-life experience
How much will it cost?
Most of our Support Services are free, unless otherwise indicated by the specific program. Donations for Support Services are very welcomed. Donations help us continue our important, local work. Make a donation to our Support Services today.