Please note that this is tax information is for a previous tax year.
Click here to find our most recent Income Tax Completion Service information.
On Tuesday, March 26th, Family Services Windsor-Essex Volunteers in conjunction with @LAFWindsor, @UnitedWayWE, and @ourwestend hosted a very successful FREE Income Tax Completion Services Clinic for over 120 local people with low to modest incomes and simple tax returns.
Hear more about the event from @RVenezaCTV and Jim Crichton, at CTV Windsor News and pick the CTV News at 11 show for Tuesday March 26th. The segment runs at the 1.14 minute mark.
Family Services Windsor-Essex participates in CRA’s Community Volunteer Income Tax Program as tax filing can be a challenge for many people, which can negatively impact their income.
- Tax forms can be complicated with language, literacy, numeracy and computer literacy challenges
- Annual tax returns can be completed incorrectly, incompletely, or not completed at all
- Paid advisers or computer programs can be an unaffordable expense
- Available government programs may not be accessed, when annual returns are not filed
- People will modest income may not be accessing all available government programs, when annual returns are not filed
By providing the FREE Income Tax Completion Services, FSWE Volunteers are helping to ensure that people with modest incomes in Windsor-Essex have their simple, personal tax returns completed, at no charge, on an annual basis which ensures that they are accessing all available government benefits to help maintain or increase their incomes.
Click here, for more information about FSWE’s Income Tax Completion Services and to find out about upcoming Community Tax Completion Clinics.
Need to Talk? We can Help. Contact us today at 1-888-933-1831 and [email protected].